In the heart of the basaltic flows of Jaujac
This medieval bridge span the Lignon. Going down Tanargue mounts, the Lignon flows into the Ardèche a bit before Neyrac-les-Bains. But in the old days, it depthy notches a wonderful lava flow.
The actual Jaujac’s church has been built in 1848-1852. It presents vault in three-centered arch, paintings in the choir, three golden wood statues and a organ of 23 games installed in 1970 (concert).
- Departure from the town hall, Champ de Mars square. Reach the street de « La Molle ». Follow Thueyt right direction.
- The Castelas is the older district of Jaujac, it is overhanging by a twelve century ruin keep castle. At the bridge exit, take right and go along the Lignon by walking on the path that goes down toward the bank.
- Pass the bridge known as roman bridge and take the calade. Above the road a belvedere will inform you about the volano eruption. Continue the way to Monteil hamlet. Cross the hamlet to La Roche post.
- Arrived at La Roche, follow « Jaujac 9km » direction. The path cross an ancient chestnut grove.
- Arrived at the paved road, take left to the Sérangelier post.
- Follow « Fabras 5.1km » direction. Cross 2 times the road and about 30m take the path on your left.
- You are at la Brousse, follow « Fabras 3.9km ». Go down the calade that snakes to the Lignon. Cross the Echelette bridge and enjoy the view from the belvedere.
- Walk kalong RD5 on the right for 250m and get higher than Bonneval post. Cross the road carefuly and go up the path.
- At Larmande, follow « Jaujac 2.2km ». At 250m take the way that goes down on the right and reach RD19.
- Before the primary school, pass the zebra crossing and continue the way. Reach Champ the Mars square on your right walking along the church.
2 place du Bosquet, Neyrac les Bains, 07380 Meyras
Access and parking
From Aubenas N102 to Lalevade d’Ardèchethen on the left the D19 Jaujac direction. From the est or the north, take D5 after Neyrac-les-Bains from the national 102.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: