Strong Renaissance house tipical of the « Ardèchoise Cevenne » extended in 1591 and flanked of three days. Two levels can be visited with a spiral stairway, ribbed ro barrel vaults and French ceiling. Front doors in broken pediment (16th century) and in curve surmonted of coat-of-arms (15th century). The Pin castle gardens are certified remarkable garden by the Ministry of Cultural Affairs.
St Pierre-aux-Liens Church
- Departure point from the hikes info board on the village square. When you are in front of the board, follow the sign “Prades 3.7 km”and take the path which goes up on your left at the far end of the parking area. From the top, you will enjoy a very beautiful view of the town of Fabras. Cross the chestnut forest to get to the road.
- At the junction, turn right to the “Soulhets” post.
- From there follow the “Prades 3.7km” signposted direction. In the hamlet, take left between the houses and go down the alley first and then a paved road for around 300m.
- Just after a stone barn, on the left of the road, take the path on the left across a green oak grove.
- You are now at “Le Chambon”: follow the “Fabras 3.7km” sign. Cross the stream and take the path on the right, then the road which traces back toward the Fabras village.
- You are at La Coste : follow the « Fabras 1.6 km » pannel.
- You are now at “La Chabanne”: follow the “Château du Pin / Fabras 1.5km” sign. At La Chabanne, you actually have two options. You can either cut short your walk and trace back to Fabras by taking the paved road on the left, or you can pursue it and go as far as the “Chateau du Pin” (2.2km). To this end, walk down the RD 119 for around 200m and take the path through the wood on the right. When you reach the RD 119 once again, climb back up toward the castle. Take the first road on the right in the direction of “Les Hivières” and after 50m, follow the path on the right.
8. To visit the Pin castle, follow the path on the right. Otherwise, keep straight on and cross the little bridge, walk through the Hivières hamlet, by its stone bread oven and continue your ascent.
9. You are now at Nougeyrolles, follow the “Fabras 0.5km” sign. It will lead you behind the Fabras church. From there, you can easily return to the starting point.
- Departure : The Village Hall car park
- Arrival : The Village Hall car park
- Towns crossed : FABRAS, PRADES
2 place du Bosquet, Neyrac les Bains, 07380 Meyras
Access and parking
From Thueyts, take the N102 past Pont-de-Labeaume then take right on the D119 in the Fabras direction before entering Lalevade d’Ardèche.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: